FNPL’s primary mission: defend the interests of dairy producers
- Defend the interests of French dairy producers.
- Promote responsible trade unionism, closely reflecting farmers’ concerns and the specific needs of dairy-producing areas. FNPL is supported by a network of departmental and regional dairy federations.
- Build a realistic and positive image of the industry. FNPL plays a proactive role in helping farmers to manage change in the dairy world.
- Be the leading representative vis-à-vis the different organisations that decide on the future of the industry. FNPL presents proposals both at a national and European level on key subjects such as the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), the price of milk, milk quality, etc.
- Anticipate major changes in the industry, such as the end of dairy quotas, contractualization, how dairy producers are organised, etc.